Monday, May 14, 2018

So.... much.... damn.... yardwork. Can I get a beer or something after this?!

Y'all, it's that time of year when you are forced to come out of your holes and prepare to see the sun and be out in the ridiculous notion of society. Sure, we all complain about the cold all winter long, but aren't we still a little sad when the time comes to see people again?! Especially when there's so much sun and shorts and shit like that involved?!

No?! Just me?! Moving on then.

When we moved into our house back in December, I knew that there was going to be alot of yard work to take care of come warm weather. Sure, we're all prepared for "maintenance" but there were things that were going to have to be done before the "maintenance" portion could set in.

There was trash to clean up, brush to be burned, weeds to be yanked, bushes to be removed, flowers and vegetables to be planted, and I probably could've cut/trimmed the yard even though I just did it on Thursday. (P.s. I didn't do it again.... yet). Also, there's some "refiguring" that's probably going to be done at some point, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Or not.... we'll decide then.

Out of all the things that were done yesterday, I'm going to say that I'm probably most happy that those ugly bushes out front are gone. And that's really saying something, because the brush/stone/firewood piles were a giant pain in my ass (and my trunk is a literal mess from hauling shit away). Luckily, Aunt Poot decided to take the brush (and bushes) to her burn pile for me. Score!

It's been a long few weeks.... but I'm good with it. Mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment