Thursday, June 7, 2018

I've just accepted my "chubbiness" at this point in my life. *all the tacos*

Until the age of about twenty-two I was damn skinny (and flat chested). And when I say "damn skinny" I mean it.... my pants were a size 00. and small shirts were way big on me. (I never got over 102 pounds).

And then, when I was twenty-three, some things happened with my health (ie: hormones and "lady bits") and it caused a variety of fun things like adult acne, early onset hot flashes, nausea.... and rapid weight gain. Like, we're talking sixty pounds in about three-four months. It was insane and I had no clue what was happening with my mind or body.

I just couldn't seem to get it under control. Any of it. I tried every acne product that was offered.... nothing. I tried wearing tanks and shorts even when it was cold.... nothing. I wasn't eating hardly anything and yet.... nothing. See a pattern here?! NOTHING.

Hilaria Baldwin was (and is) literally smaller than me when she was eight months pregnant.

Then I found a wonderful doctor that actually listened to me. She ran some tests and figured out what was happening. And over the last five years, she's helped me so damn much. Sure, I have scars from where my acne got so bad and even still get it on occasion, but it's much more controlled now. My hot flashes while inconvenient are easier to handle.

And my weight? Well, we have a love/hate relationship. I've lost quite a bit of it (around thirty pounds), but there's just some of it that doesn't want to come off for love nor money. And you know what? I'm ok with that. I'm good with the fact that I'm not the same weight/built like I was when I was eighteen years old. I'm a full grown ass woman pushing thirty (but seriously, don't bring up that whole "thirty" thing too much) and the fact that I'm considered "chubby" doesn't bother me anymore.

Sure, it did to begin with. I felt embarrassed and missed the fact that I used to be so tiny.... and then I got the hell over it and realized that if I let myself, I'm just as happy now as I was then. No.... I'm actually happier.

If you're struggling with something like this, I say just embrace it. Because once you do, you will be amazed at how much better you feel, how much happier you are, and how awesome it is to never say no to tacos and feel good about it.

Also, flowy "hippie" shirts and baggy pants are back in style and I AM HERE FOR IT. Embrace that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment