Friday, November 22, 2019

I want D to go down to part-time for very selfish reasons.

As most people know, I have been riding on the struggle bus for awhile now. No matter how much I try to jump off said bus, I somehow end up just strapped on and along for the ride. It's frustrating, but also something that I'm used to at this point. Do I want to be used to it? No. But am I? Yeah.

And because of this, other areas of my life have been lacking. You see, most of the effort and energy that I can muster gets used on pulling myself out of bed and going to work. No, that doesn't sound like it should take alot of effort, and yet, here we are. With the usage of this energy, I don't clean my house like I would like it to be, I don't cook meals like I would like to, laundry is always piled up, and my pups don't get all of the attention and interaction that I feel they deserve on a daily basis. Although, if I'm being honest, whatever energy I have left is definitely used on my pups.

Therefore, I was thinking/talking to D the other day and about halfway through our conversation, I was all, "you should go down to part-time!" He was a little confused at first, because I had obviously had an epiphany and hadn't included him in it yet.

I thought he should go down to part-time, that way he could clean the house and make sure the pups are getting the amount of attention that they deserve. Sure, that sounds insane, and ridiculous, but I got to thinking about it and to me, it's really no different than when one of two people in a relationship work part-time or are a stay at home parent. The only differences are, it would be the "dad" doing it instead of the mom (because it's almost 2020 and men can do that shit now) and our children have four legs and fur. THEY ARE STILL MY CHILDREN.

I mean, he's just such a good house cleaner and once he's done I'd never have to clean or mow grass ever damn again. Which in all honesty, sounds like it would be the greatest gift ever right about now. So yeah, I'm being one of those people. I want my husband (ok fine, he's still my fiance right now, BUT COME ON) to work part-time, because I'd rather pay bills than clean, do laundry, and mow grass right now. (And he seemed to be good with that deal.... if I can only talk him into actually doing it!)

He would take so much anxiety that I have, that probably shouldn't exist, but most definitely does. And I love the idea of that. I don't care what anyone else says or thinks about it, I think it is close to the most genius plan I've ever had in my entire life.

I just want to be able to use whatever energy I have left to play with my pups, hang out with D without being in the fetal position, and cook instead of constantly ordering takeout. That's what I f*cking want. Yeah, I said it. #NoRegrets

No comments:

Post a Comment