Monday, December 9, 2019

This weekend was full of.... nothing but also a couple of things?!?

Y'all, once again the weekend went by far too fast and here we are just hoping to make it through until the next one. It's perfectly acceptable to just wallow in the fact that our next days off are five days away, right?

If not, there are no f*cks given and I want to be chilling with my pups and watching Netflix. But, we'll agree to disagree (even though I'm right) and we'll continue on with what these people are calling adulthood.

Even though I don't sleep late when I'm off (insomnia, party of one), I like having the option of not putting on pants and doing the things. I can have my fan going, curled up under a blanket with my (fur)babies, taking shots of fireball and chugging wine, watching whatever in the hell I want on the tv without hearing exasperated sighs in the background.

In fact, D had to work on Saturday, so what did I do? Well, I was of course awake before his alarm even went off, so once he had left I cleaned the house, finished laundry (I've been trying to keep up on the whole keeping the house clean thing, I thought it might help some of my anxiety), poured myself some drinks (yes, I drank alcohol on Saturday morning), and commenced to watching Keeping up with the Kardashians on tv. Sometimes, you just need some trash tv in your life. Besides, it was the old episodes when Khloe/Lamar were still together, so they needed to be watched (by me). Not to mention, if you're day drinking, the Kardashians are where it's at.

Then, I poured myself some more drinks (are you sensing a trend here?) and finished binge-watching V Wars on Netflix. If y'all haven't seen that one yet, I highly suggest that you watch it.

(The electricians were supposed to come on Saturday to check out our kitchen/living room, but they called and rescheduled for tomorrow.... it's frustrating.)

Saturday was also Soso's "sweet 16" and we had been invited a couple months back. Personally, I didn't really want to get out (you know me and my wanting to be home 24/7), but she stopped by that morning and asked me in person if I would come and I was like fine. So, D and I went for a little bit (about an hour) and then we left and ran by the video store. I like going into the actual video store, because it reminds me of my childhood (aka, I'm old as shit) and he and I commenced to watching two movies that night and the rest the next day.... because Sunday are for rest. (Aside from me cleaning, running to the store to pick up pup food, and cooking dinner).

And, from the first movie we watched, we learned our new code word for when we need to extract ourselves from situations.... CAUL-I-FLOWER. So, all in all, I just want to go back to hibernating in my dark little fortress.

No comments:

Post a Comment