Monday, August 30, 2021

We watched movies and made chicken wraps and hid from the world.

This past weekend was so damn hot and humid that it was ridiculous. Now, hear me out. I'm aware that people are super excited about warm weather and they have no desire for ice and snow and sleet.... I get it. I really do. 

BUT, COME ON, DUDE.

It'll be September the day after tomorrow and I for one CANNOT wait until it cools off some. No, it doesn't have to be extremely cold weather (although, I do prefer the cold), but fall weather? With the leaves falling and the cool breeze blowing, baking, and watching scary movies while wearing sweatpants and hoodies?! 

YES.

Alas, here we are and this shit is ridiculously.... well, ridiculous.

So, D and I stayed in all weekend (with the exception of a grocery store run yesterday afternoon) with our pups and we cooked together and watched movies. We watched a few things (in between my lovable husband's naps), but what really stuck out was the movies "Sweet Girl" and "Vacation Friends." They're both extremely good. If you're wanting something a little more serious, go with Sweet Girl. If you want to laugh your ass off to the point where you're clutching your stomach with tears in your eyes, definitely check out Vacation Friends.

We also made homemade chicken/bacon wraps. Why? Because when we're alone together we like to do all kinds of things, but one of the main things is we love to cook together. Usually if I'm baking, D will just stand back and watch me do my thing. But, when we cook together we both participate. We usually always cook together (whether one of us is helping with sides or cleanup and the other is doing the main thing) and we've made up some pretty good stuff over the years.

These chicken/bacon wraps though? D marinated our chicken (separately, because his ass wanted to use ghost pepper on his and I ain't about that life) and I fried up the bacon and once it was all combined and cooked through (with D using our grill for the majority of it), it was so delicious.

Seriously, I think I have drool coming out of my mouth.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, (but speaking of drool), I have found that when I cough now (and sometimes laugh), I drool. Like, full on, I have to put a napkin or dishrag up to my face, because I can't quit drooling. It's quite laughable.

We also decided to order cupcakes on Saturday from a bakery known as "The Flying Cupcake" and y'all.... those cupcakes were so good, but they are HUGE and we didn't realize it, so needless to say, we had to give some away and share, because there was no way in all holy hell that we could eat all of those.

What else? Oh, we started watching Prison Break.... and now I want to be home, cuddled up with my hubby and our pups, in pajamas, eating delicious food, catching a buzz, and laughing and spending time together.

Ah, the joys of being an adult. Whose idea was this anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment