Tuesday, September 28, 2021

A few pieces of aimless nonsense for the day (involving my husband).

With Fall approaching, and me doing my happy dance because of it, we've been decorating and spending more time out on our back porch. Say what you will, but my vampire ass isn't a fan of the heat, sun, or bright lighting in general, so the fact that my husband convinces me to wander out of the cave on occasion is really impressive.

While I was working yesterday, D decided to cut our grass, put out some Fall decorations, make beef jerky and pumpkin seeds, and prep dinner. The man was truly on it and he makes me look like a little bitch on my days off. Seriously, when I have a day off and I'm home by myself, I usually clean the house, do laundry, and make supper, but other than that, my bitch ass tends to not do much else. 

No regrets, motherf*ckers.

I've been really thinking about getting a gym membership. Now, hear me out. I know that I go back and forth quite a bit on things like this, but I think that it may be a good way to get a little healthier and maybe look a bit better. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I look terrible or anything, and my husband assures me that I'm beautiful, but I just feel like if I maybe did something like this, that I would feel much better and in turn, look like I feel better. Does that make sense? Either way, the jury is still out on that one and I'm thinking it through.

Apparently, scary movies are only a weekend thing at our house? Like, I tried to get D to watch one last night and his exact words were, "seriously?! another one!!?! I thought that was only a weekend thing!" Obviously, I have not helped my husband's phobia quite as much as I thought I had and progress is at a minimum. Update to come.

Speaking of my husband, (seriously? when am I not?), I took this picture of him holding our first pumpkin for this year on my lunchbreak yesterday. Isn't he sssoooo adorable? Yeah, and when I got home from work he was completely bald. Like, shaved his whole head and starting from square one again. So much for my Viking braid ideas. He asked if I didn't like him with a shaved head and I informed him that of course I did, I'm just used to seeing him with hair so he's gonna have to give me a minute to adjust to the change. And then I threatened to cut all my hair off and he begged me not to. Ugh, men.

What else? Oh! Another reason for me wanting to get into better shape? A tattoo. I know, I know, that's a dumb reason to do it, but whatever it takes, right? Anyway, I found this shoulder/back tattoo that I really, really want, but I think it would look funny on me if I'm built like I am now (ie: a baby linebacker). Now, I am all for body positivity and loving your true self, but I believe that applies for when you are truly comfortable in your body. I'm not. In all fairness, I never have been, but I'm trying. Who knows. Maybe one of these days I'll just be covered in ink. Why not? As long as I'm happy (and I still get my husbands motor revving), I don't see a reason not to.

How is it only Tuesday? And why am I rambling? Oh yeah, I just wanted to show everyone a picture of D holding our pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment