Thursday, September 9, 2021

I want to stay in my cave and hide from the world.

Have you just ever been so very tired of existing? Ok, that sounded a little dramatic. Let me try again. Have you ever been tired of other peoples existence? Nope, still sounds bad. Umm.... ok, I'm just going to go ahead and say it and if it sounds bad, well then, it's just gonna have to sound bad.

Ok, remember like a year and a half ago when everybody was essentially on lockdown and the only reason that we went outside was to go to the grocery store or a medical appointment (or in my case, bikini waxing appointments, because, you know what, never mind, it's a whole thing), something like that? Yeah well, I want to go back to that.

I don't want people sick or hurt, I just want us all to stay in our houses and binge watch shit like Tiger King and Love is Blind. Remember that? Those were good times. I mean, I still worked, but I could do it from my couch in my pajamas while catching a little buzz (don't judge me, it was hard times!) and all was well with the world.

When work was slow or stalled enough for breaks, I could cuddle up with my pups and watch ridiculous shows and we lived off of snack foods and nicotine. Ok, the nicotine was all mine, but you get what I'm trying to say. And what I'm trying to say is, I want to be able to stay in my house with my pups and still be an adult, but an adult with no pants that thrives in her little f*cking cave with her husband and ignores the majority of the rest of the world.

Where is my cave? Well, it's our house. It's all dark and chilly and I can wear sweatpants and hoodies and bake cookies, watch tv, listen to music, do laundry and house chores, hang out with my furbabies, and basically anything I want. It has subtle lighting and a big tv, so if the Governor or somebody wants to let everybody know that it's ok for me to work from home, so I very rarely ever have to leave my cave, I would greatly appreciate it.

So, did that sound ok? To sum it up, I want people happy and healthy, but I don't want to be around them. My body and mind are literally just willing me to be a hermit and I can't just ignore the call of the ocean. Or in this case, the call of my cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment