Friday, September 10, 2021

My husband informed me that he forgot the majority of our wedding.

With our one year anniversary coming up (also, how have we actually been married almost a full year now and you haven't smothered me in my sleep?), D and I have been talking about what to do to celebrate. Originally, we wanted to rent a cabin in the woods, maybe on a lake, somewhere and spend an extended weekend there. You know, since we didn't really have a honeymoon or anything.

But, with finances being what they are and another bout of Covid making the rounds, I don't think we're actually going to be going anywhere. And I feel bad for disappointing D, but I think we can still have a good time and do things together and celebrate our anniversary without spending a shit ton of money or potentially staying in a house that is rampant with the new plague. As long as we're together, right?

All of that being said aside though, I am very excited to spend our anniversary together and celebrate however we end up doing it. I don't care what we do, as long as I'm with D and our pups and we get to spend time together and have fun. That's all I really care about. I don't need some fancy vacation or big romantic gesture (although, if D wants to get a little romantical, I wouldn't stop him **wink wink**), I just want to be with my husband and enjoy the fact that we're together, married, happy, and living our lives with one another.

Which coincidentally is everything I've ever wanted out of a marriage. I always said if I did ever get married, that I wanted my husband to be my best friend and my constant source of comfort. And, I was lucky enough to get that. So no, I don't need anything fancy or expensive to make me enthused and grateful to be together. He's enough. Always has been, always will be.

We have been talking about our wedding recently though, you know with the whole one year thing. We had such a good day and it was everything we wanted. Nothing huge or fancy, just simple like us. Surrounded by family and friends (even though not everyone got to come, we appreciate the effort!) and just being us.

D informed me that he forgot parts of our wedding though. When I asked him how (I mean, it's not even a full year yet!), he let me know that he remembers everything leading up to us getting married (it was an entire shit show and yes, I was an hour and a half late to my own damn wedding), and everything after we got married. He remembers my vows and he remembers crying. He said other than that, nothing. Why? Because apparently when he first got to see me in my dress as we were walking towards the aisle, he said everything just f*cking stopped and all he could see was me.

He informed me that he had never seen anyone more beautiful and he couldn't believe he actually got to marry me, so he just held my hands and prayed I said "I do."

Now how in the hell am I supposed to respond to that? If that isn't one of the sweetest, most amazing things that you can say to your wife (trust me, he said it way more romantic and endearing than I did), then I don't know what is. I'm almost 100% positive the man just wants to make my heart and panties implode at every possible opportunity. No worries, I'm good with it.  

But yeah, that's where we are with it. Our one year anniversary is coming up and hopefully it will be a good one that we'll remember for a long time. Also, can I just get a fist bump for landing a husband that's totally out of my league? I feel like we haven't addressed this and I think I deserve a pat on the back or a high-five.... something. Because damn, I did good.

No comments:

Post a Comment