Monday, December 27, 2021

Christmas is over and somehow still feels like the week leading up to it?

Can we all just agree that the week between Christmas and New Years is a giant clusterf*ck? Like, everything is confusing and no one truly knows what day it is. Sometimes it's almost as if we forget what year it is as well. I know I'm guilty of it.

But, since we're already in it and there's no going back, I reckon we might as well keep trucking forward. Besides, it could be a really good week? We never know. I mean, if we went by the track record of the last three-four years that seems to be holding true then we would definitely have something to worry about. Alas, we've decided to stay as positive as possible.

And when I say we, I mean me. Because my anxiety has been debilitating lately and it's becoming such an issue that I'm beginning to have panic and/or anxiety attacks out of the blue. Completely unprovoked and unwarranted, I just can't seem to ease my mind and get it to turn off. D is, as always, my little rock that insists on helping any way that he can (including but not limited to acting as my own personal weighted blanket when the situation calls for it). Did I mention my husband is amazing?

Christmas was lowkey, but still pleasant. D's dad decided on 12/23 that he was coming up to spend Christmas with him and next thing you know he's showing up at our house on Christmas Eve. He had great timing too, because I had quite literally just gotten through with cleaning our house. We had a fun time and he left yesterday about 1:00pm. I was extremely sad that I didn't have Momma to spend Christmas with me, but I was happy that D got to spend it with his dad and talk to the rest of his family. My brother came back on Christmas and brought our nephew, but there was no festivities or anything like that.

So, we just all relaxed and watched a couple movies. We also talked/caught up and spent a good deal of time just hanging out, but it was nice. And that pulled pork that D made in our smoker? **drooling** Our pups really seemed to enjoy the company over the holiday, but were still a little put off by it. They're not used to other people or animals (D's dad brought his two dogs) in our house, so it took a little getting used to.

Well, for everyone except my little Tayderbug. He's a trooper that just goes with the flow. We've also started to put him in the bathroom with his bed/blanket/water with the baby gate up so that he can relax and nap and the big pups can't pounce on him. They don't mean to hurt him, but I don't think they realize how fragile he is with his age and everything. So, he takes his little naps and the big pups can still see him and check on him so it seems to be working out nice. He really seems to enjoy it.

What else? Oh, nothing really. Let's just get these next four days over with so that we can have another three days off with our babies at the house. Ready? And go.

No comments:

Post a Comment