Thursday, December 30, 2021

Umm, you said and did and he and they what?!!?!

I recently read an article about things people learned about their significant others after marrying them. I'm always interested in random things like that, because even though we've known each other since we were fifteen and we're married now, D and I still manage to find out new things about one another.

Hopefully though, we won't be finding out anything near the levels that some of these people did. Geesh.

Like, the woman who had a phobia of pooping in the toilet, so she'd get up in the middle of the night to shit in a dustpan and hide it from her husband. HUH?? Or, that one woman's husband drinks the tuna juice out of the can instead of draining it. EW. And let's not forget about the man that gargles everything before he swallows no matter the beverage. UGH.

I know I have some weird quirks and some random habits that people would find strange. I know I say and do things every single day that would have some people trying to have me committed. I am fully aware of this and make no excuses or apologies for it. I'm strange and not for everyone and I'm good with that. Lord knows I ain't changing at this point.

Same with D. We both have habits and traits about ourselves that either we find endearing and adorable or we just learn to live with them. Thankfully though, we don't have a lot of conflict. I'm not saying we're perfect, but our marriage is pretty f*cking fun and we love spending time together. 

Most of the things that people would find annoying or strange about me D finds adorable, and most of the things that people would find unusual or irritating about D I find sweet and charming. It just works and why fix something that ain't broken?

I mean, D does think I'm strange for eating "hot" pudding. I tried to tell him that "cook and serve" pudding is meant to be eaten warm (I don't know that for a fact, but it clearly was helping my argument at the time and now this is a hill I have to remain standing on), but no matter how much he sees me do it, it still blows his mind and freaks him out. I'm sure there are things about him that freak me out, but I can't think of any right now. Go figure. 

We're weird. Strange even. Borderline abnormal. It works and we love it. We wouldn't trade each other or the relationship we have for anything on the planet. It's amazing and freeing and makes me feel warm just thinking about it. 

*insert gag for being so mushy here*

But rest assured, if either of us find the other shitting in a dustpan and hiding it in the bushes (or anywhere for that matter) or drinking tuna out of the can, we will be sure to piledrive the other. Because ain't nobody trying to live with either of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment