Monday, August 22, 2022

My anxiety and ADHD are coexisting and causing chaos.

Please ignore the amount of crap behind me. That is all the stuff I use for crafting (ie: spray painting anything I can get my grubby little paws on) and yes, a fair amount of trash. Mostly cardboard, because we forgot to pull trash out for one week and somehow that broke down to having six weeks worth of it? I'm not sure, the math doesn't add up to me either.

Instead, focus on the behemoth that I'm holding in my hand.... in other words, our mint plant. Well, one of many. Pretty impressive, right?

NO?!!?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?!!?!

FINE. It was a nice little distraction though, right? The truth is, things have been a little chaotic lately. Not necessarily in my everyday life (except my little Tayder buddy hasn't got as much spring in his step as he used to and I'm worried about him constantly), but with everything going on in D's family right now. We're driving down to GA on Thursday for his Gma's funeral (that's on Friday morning) and that's not even a chip off the salt block. Honestly, I can't even go into the rest of it.

Because it's hard and sad and frustrating and about a million other conflicting emotions.

Instead, I have been doing any and all that I can to distract myself and keep my husband sane. That's the healthy way to deal with things, right? Truth be told, I'm still new to this whole accepting that I'm a human being that has feelings and that's perfectly ok thing. It's been a learning curve and to say that I struggle with my mental health every day would be an understatement.

Things can be going well or bad and the state of my mental health is always up for debate. At least, in my own head it is. And I don't mean I feel "crazy" or "sick" or something. I'm simply saying, I learn more things about myself every single day and it's a constant battle to keep up.

So, sometimes my house or yard looks like the inside of my head feels and you know what I've learned from that? It's ok. It really is. If I feel better painting my hubby's bike with him then I do folding six loads of laundry, then guess what's happening?

And if we're all just getting down to the real nitty gritty here? Whatever we do or how we live or choose to spend our time is our own fucking business. No one else's. So yeah, there's a million things happening and it feels like it's all piling up, but that's why we have each other. We'll find a way.... together.

But seriously, THAT MINT PLANT THOUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment