Friday, November 3, 2017

I've been trying to catch up on The Walking Dead for four years.

I've been trying to watch the show- The Walking Dead- for years now. I got really into it in the last year (or two) or so, but it's still a slow moving progress and kind of a pain in the ass.

Mostly because the more I try to catch up, the more episodes they release. And it's never-ending.

And while that's fantastic to most, when I first started streaming it on Netflix there were only four seasons (a total of 51 episodes) that were available.... now there are seven seasons available for streaming (a total of 99 episodes) and still going strong on AMC with the release of season eight (another 16 episodes).

All together, that's 115 episodes and I'm only on season five, episode two. (And I've been there for AWHILE now).

Count it. 115 episodes and I'm on episode 52. That's 63 unwatched episodes (which granted is less than I thought, but still a shitload).

And it doesn't appear that this show is going anywhere for at the very least a couple more seasons.

I'm a "binge-watcher." I can binge-watch a show I like from sun up to sundown and can keep going throughout the night.... however, I share a tv with Momma and while she usually says, "watch whatever you want, I'm not even paying attention" you can bet that I can get two or three episodes in on The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, or Burn Notice and she'll say, "how many more of these are you gonna watch?" "can we watch something else?" "I hate this show, I can't believe you watch it."

Then I'll ask her later what she wants to watch and she'll say, "watch whatever you want, I'm not even paying attention." It's a vicious circle. But I get it, I guess, because if I had to watch what my brother insisted on constantly I would probably hate it too. And I like shows/movies that are long and you get invested in and she hates shows/movies like that, so I get it.... mostly. You win some, you lose some.

And I've done this with quite a few shows, but I really am into this one (I watched Sons of Anarchy the entire time it originally premiered on FX, so I've seen all of those episodes a couple of times), and would like to finish it at some point. I started Burn Notice three years ago (it has a total of seven seasons), and I've started a million more, but we've finished very few.

But one of these days, I'll catch up and finish this series.... I'll just probably be eighty by that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment