Thursday, March 1, 2018

My brother is about to be a dad. (Part IV).

Actually, my brother has been a dad (and I've been an aunt, I guess?) for a year now, but I started out with this whole "my brother is ABOUT to be a dad" posting exactly a year ago and there's no turning back for me.

Catch up on Part I here, Part II here, and Part III here.

All caught up now? Good. So, yeah.... my brother's kid is an entire year old. And do you know what kind of wisdom and knowledge that I've picked up in the last year from his existence? That babies are assholes. Seriously, I'm pretty sure that kid doesn't even like me a little bit.... in fact, I don't think he likes anybody aside from his mom and dad (but maybe that's just a baby thing in general?).

I also thought that having a baby around would be more.... fun, I guess? Although, he's really not around me or Momma all that much and I think I've seen him a handful of times in the last year? My brother spends constant time with him, but not us. Then again, I'm not exactly a "baby" person, so I'm not really complaining.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "mean" or hate babies or anything, I'm just not one of those people that gets super excited when babies are around.... related to me or otherwise. Maybe there's something twitchy with my "internal clock" or something?

My brother is still sending me constant videos and pictures of him (because apparently parents think everything their baby does is unique and adorable?) and I have to say, the video that I have dubbed "the Miley" is my favorite.

He seems to like me over Facetime more than in person? Which, I get, because my anxiety and looming sarcasm probably throws a baby for a loop? Maybe I confuse them? I also think that they should know "tricks" (like a puppy) and have learned that apparently that's a "rude thought" and really irritates your brother's girlfriend/baby mama when you ask her if he's learned any new ones yet. He's been around for 365 days, I feel like he should've picked up a new one (or two) by now!

Also, my brother came into the house last night and was all, "can you believe little man is gonna be a whole year old tomorrow?!" And I was like, "whaaattt..... craazzzyyy...." Apparently, that let him in on the fact that I had completely forgot about it. He informed me that I'm supposed to be alot more excited about this and should have planned ahead?

I assume I'm not winning any "Aunt of the Year" awards anytime soon? I'm good with it. Happy Birthday, Gabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment