Monday, April 30, 2018

2018 films. (Part I).

I started a tradition back at the end of 2016 suggesting all of my favorite films that I would recommend that I had viewed throughout the year. This evolved into three consecutive lists in 2017, detailing the movies that I viewed (spanning four months at a time), which ones were my favorites, and the ones I would steer clear of again.

I figured I would keep that tradition going, because believe it or not I actually enjoy doing it. And I think that we can all agree that we don't do enough of the things that we do like versus the things we have to do that we don't necessarily like. Make sense? No? Just follow along, you'll catch up.

Speaking of catching up: Catch up: from 2016.

Catch up from 2017: Part I, Part II, Part III.



January's films: 47 Meters Down, The Disappointments Room.

My favorite: While I only watched two "new" movies in January, it was still an easy decision and that decision is.... 47 Meters Down. That movie is literally my very worst nightmare/every single panic attack crammed into 85 terrifying (for me) minutes. Least favorite of the month: Hands down.... The Disappointments Room. I could have only watched this movie and it still wouldn't have been my favorite from the choices. I don't know if I was just expecting too much from this? (I was). But it was disappointing for me.

January's re-watched from years gone by: The Heat, Red Dawn (2012), Odd Thomas, Conan the Barbarian (2011), Shrek, Terminator: Genisys.

February's films: Tyler Perry's Boo2! A Madea Halloween, IT(2017), The Open House, The Ritual, Before I Wake, Flatliners(2017), To The Bone, When We First Met, The Collection, Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2, A Lonely Place To Die, Bushwick, The Factory.

My favorite: It is definitely hard to pick a favorite for this month, because I watched so many great ones! If I had to choose one though, I would have to go with.... The Collection (holy shit, that's hard to choose!). Least favorite of the month: This one was very easy, because every movie I watched was fantastic except one.... The Open House. I thought it was going to be great (the previews and cast had great promise), but it was awful!

February's re-watched from years gone by: You know, I never really thought about it, but I didn't watch one "repeat" movie this month. Only new ones!

March's films: Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, Hush, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, Erased, The Conjuring, Game Over Man, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.

My favorite: Even though I watched quite a few good ones, I'm gonna go with.... Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. Mostly, because it cracked me up so much that I watched it twice. Although, Hush is a very close second, because that one definitely got me! Least favorite of the month: This one would have to be.... Erased. While I love Aaron Eckhart and it wasn't a "bad" movie, I just prefer him in the role of "President Asher" instead of "Operative."

March's re-watched from years gone by: The Descent, Bad Boys, The Fault In Our Stars, The Hills Have Eyes 2, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Snakes on a Plane, Gangs of New York, San Andreas.

April's films: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Clinical, Bonnie and Clyde (2013), El Camino Christmas, Nacho Libre, True Memoirs of an International Assassin, Wonder, Vincent n Roxxy, The Iceman, Jigsaw, The Cobbler, The Week Of, The Last Witch Hunter.

My favorite: Almost every single movie I watched in April was great. Seriously, it's really hard to pick a favorite for this month, but I guess if I had to choose, I'd go with.... Wonder. Dude, that was way harder to pick than I realized. If you ask me, I'd say watch them all!! Least favorite of the month: Probably.... Nacho Libre. It was kind of funny, but it's nowhere near my favorite Jack Black movie. It was probably my least favorite of the month? And definitely the only one I had doubts about. Well, that one and Jigsaw. The rest I LOVED.

April's re-watched from years gone by: 50 First Dates, The Do Over, Armageddon, Fried Green Tomatoes.

Documentaries watched: none.... because I'm a loser like that.

Tv series I've finished: Grace and Frankie (S4), Hawaii Five-O (S1-7), Burn Notice (S1-7), Breaking Bad (S2, S3), Santa Clarita Diet (S2- twice).

Tv series still on my queue: New Girl, The Walking Dead (I'll never get to finish this shit), Shameless, That 70s Show, Dexter, Bates Motel, Supernatural, Friends, Slasher, American Horror Story, The Vampire Diaries, Penny Dreadful, The Mist, The Killing, Longmire, The Punisher, The Originals, Hart of Dixie, The Blacklist, Taken, Peaky Blinders, Alexa & Katie, Spartacus, The Frankenstein Chronicles, Dark, Haven, Mad Men, Lost Girl, Bitten, Breaking Bad (I may never get to finish this shit either), Frontier, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Young & Hungry, Baby Daddy (I'm still putting off watching the last three episodes of the series, because I'm sad they cancelled it).

Side note: We totally watched Wrestlemania 34 on Sunday, April 8, and I forgot how much I actually loved watching that kind of stuff with Momma and my brother. It was a good one! Except for the Triple H/Stephanie McMahon/Kurt Angle/Ronda Rousey match.... that one was just 157% dumb and you could tell it had all been fixed to make Rousey seem like she was the shit (she's not). No one believes for a second that she's so amazing having never wrestled before (because I don't care what anyone says, UFC, MMA, and Wrestling are all completely different) that she could take down a couple of seasoned veterans that have done this for years. I reckon they just spent too much money on her (I've heard different things ranging from a $8 mil- $12 mil contract, but I'm not sure exactly what it is) to not have her winning.

Stand-up watched: Dave Chappelle: Equanimity & The Bird Revelation, Ralphie May: Imperfectly Yours, I'm Brent Morin, Ralphie May: Unruly, Kevin Hart: What Now?, Ricky Gervais: Humanity, The StandUps (only the Brent Morin episode).

No comments:

Post a Comment