Monday, September 30, 2019

2019 films. (Part II).

I started a tradition back at the end of 2016 suggesting all of my favorite films that I would recommend that I had viewed throughout the year. This evolved into three consecutive lists in 2017, two in 2018, and after falling off the wagon with it a bit, a catch up for 2018 and 2019 of sorts detailing the movies that I viewed (spanning four months at a time), which ones were my favorites, and the ones I would steer clear of again.

I figured I would keep that tradition going, because I'm looking for anything and everything to keep my mind busy and my anxiety at a minimum. Rambling tends to do that and even though it doesn't help in the long run, it helps in short spurts. 

Catch up from 2016.
Catch up from 2017: Part IPart IIPart III.

Catch up from 2018: Part IPart II.
Catch up from 2018/2019: Part I.


July's films: Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Miss Bala, Wish Upon, Mortal Engines, Wheelman, Fifty Shades of Black, Pet Sematary(2019), Jurassic Galaxy, CHIPS, The Accountant, Crocodile Dundee, Shazam (even though this one doesn't necessarily count, because I was fading in and out of consciousness.... what I saw of it was cute though), Mission Impossible III, Secret Obsession, Point Blank, Next, Into the Blue 2: The Reef, The Last Airbender, Hellboy(2019).

My favorite: There were SO MANY good ones this month. It's actually pretty hard to choose my favorite, because the list is long, but I'm gonna go with.... Point Blank. I know that we watched some real "big name" movies this go around, and while I loved them, there was just something about this lower budget Netflix Original that got me! It was amazing and should be watched by all right now. Least favorite of the month: There's absolutely no damn doubt in my mind.... Fifty Shades of Black. I'm usually a sucker for those "spoof" movies, but I seriously couldn't even stand this one. I disliked it so much that I just turned it off and didn't even finish it. And I hate saying that, because I love Marlon Wayans.

July's rewatched from years gone by: The Shallows, The Hangover, Power Rangers(2017), Deep Blue Sea.

August's films: Deep Blue Sea 2, American Loser, Unlocked, Inglourious Basterds, War Dogs, The Legend of Tarzan, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, Detective Pikachu, Avengers: Endgame, Empire State, The Visit, The Girl in the Spider's Web, Blockers, Escape Room, 31, Braven.

My favorite: Once again, there were quite a few movies this month. What can I say? I'm a giant movie buff and I LOVE adding to my movie collection. Even though I didn't buy any movies this month, I had a couple that I had in the past and hadn't watched yet. Between that, the library, Netflix, and Vudu (did you know you can watch some movies for free? They have ads, but you can watch them!), it's pretty easy to get ahold of some that were new (well, "new" to me). And out of all these films, I'm going to go with.... Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. It's hilarious and Adam Devine never fails to crack me the hell up. Least favorite of the month: As far as my least favorite, I gotta choose.... Empire State. It wasn't a terrible movie or anything, but I just didn't care for it. It was slow paced and not all that interesting. Sure, we finished it, and while it wasn't terrible, it's not one I'll watch again.

August's rewatched from years gone by: Clash of the Titans, Ghostbusters(2016), Desperado, Without a Paddle, 21 Jump Street, That’s My Boy, 22 Jump Street, Deepwater Horizon, Grown-Ups 2, Eurotrip.

September's films: The Taking of Pelham 123, MIB: International, Ma, Sextuplets, John Wick 3: Parabellum, Snatched.

My favorite: While it got terrible reviews, and they say it was a box office bomb (although I'm not really sure how that works since the budget was between 94-100 million and it made 253.7 million, but whatever) I'm going with.... MIB: International. I'm a 90s/early 00's kid through and through, and while I love the originals (old school Will Smith and legend Tommy Lee Jones!), I still rank this one up there in my would watch again many times category. Least favorite of the month: I was sad with how disappointing this movie was for me.... Ma. I love Octavia Spencer and the movie wasn't terrible or anything, it had some great parts, but it just wasn't as "scary" or "creepy" as I had been hoping. I would still say you should watch it, at least once, but once was enough for me.

September's rewatched from years gone by: The Expendables 3, Labor Day, Daybreakers, The Predator(2018), Lockout, Wrong Turn, Dark Shadows.

Tv series I've finished: Grace and Frankie (S1-5, again), MacGyver (S1), The Vampire Diaries (S1-2), Shameless (S7-9), The Ranch (S7), The Blacklist (S6), The Night Shift (S1-2).

Stand-up I've finished: Dave Chappelle: Sticks & Stones.

Audiobooks that I've given a try (some I finished, some not so much): Bird Box (Josh Malerman), Waiting to Be Heard (Amanda Knox), Fifty Shades of Grey (EL James), The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window (Kirsty Moseley), Night (Elie Wiesel), Pieces of Her (Karin Slaughter), The Fault in Our Stars (John Green), Inside Out (Demi Moore).

No comments:

Post a Comment