Thursday, August 31, 2017

2017 films. (Part II).

Back in April I did a little recap of all the movies that I had watched from January-April. And now, here we are in August and it's time to do it again (because I said so.). And while this all started, because I wanted to let people which movies I recommended in 2016, now I just enjoy it and want it to keep rolling.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!

I think not. Also, remember when I said I would tag onto this post if I watched anymore movies in April after my post was published? Well, I know this is going to be shocking (no, it's not), but I totally did. With that being said, I give to you "The films of my 2017.... so far. (Part II).


Tagging onto the end of April: Creature Lake, Lake Eerie.

May's films: Dollface, Live Free or Die Hard, Spectre.

My favorite: I didn't watch too many new ones this month (I know, it's almost like I was sick or something.... I was preoccupied by The League), I'm going to go with Live Free or Die Hard. I mean, Spectre was good (I love James Bond/Daniel Craig movies), but you just can't go wrong if you go with Bruce Willis. Least favorite of the month: Even though I liked it, I'm going with Dollface. It was one of those tacky B+ horror movies that's just a guilty pleasure, but it doesn't beat Bruce.

May's rewatched from years gone by: Red, Red 2, Malibu's Most Wanted, The Mummy (1999).

June's films: Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Fist Fight, The Bye Bye Man, John Wick 2, Power Rangers (2017).

My favorite: Hands down, Fist Fight.... I loved this movie so much that after I rented it from Redbox I actually went out and bought it on DVD. Between Charlie Day and Ice Cube I was cracking the hell up. And that daddy/daughter talent show rap? HILARIOUS. Least favorite of the month: I hate to say it, but maybe John Wick 2? The only reason I say this is, because I was half asleep while watching it so I don't remember a whole lot of it. That's what I get for drinking an entire fifth of whiskey and eating a bag of smarties by myself. I'll definitely have to rewatch and reevaluate.

June's rewatched from years gone by: Now You See Me 2 (I will never get tired of Lizzy Caplan hitting on Dave Franco), Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

July's films: Inferno, Masterminds, The Fate of the Furious.

My favorite: This was kind of a hard one to pick, because they were all pretty damn good.... I'm gonna go with Masterminds, because Zach Galifianakis calling Kristen Wiig "Sugarbush" as her nickname is probably my new favorite nicknames ever. Least favorite of the month: I'm gonna go with The Fate of the Furious.... not because it was bad or anything (it was actually pretty good), but because it's just not the same without Paul Walker.

July's rewatched from years gone by: Taking Lives, White Chicks, Daybreakers (apparently I was just in an Ethan Hawke kind of mood this month?), The Fifth Element, Fist Fight (yes, I watched it again in July #NoRegrets), Cold Mountain.

August's films: Sharknado 5: Global Swarming, Mine Games, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.

My favorite: While I liked all of the new ones that I watched this go around (yes, even the Netflix find Mine Games that's psychologically appealing and the cheesy Syfy extravaganza Sharknado 5), my absolute favorite has to go to King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. I don't know what all of those critics (ie haters) were bitching about, it's a shit ton of fun and Charlie Hunnam plays a sarcastic asshole so perfectly.... watch it! Least favorite of the month: I guess I'm going to have to go with.... Sharknado 5: Global Swarming? I mean, you can't really expect to watch any of these movies and take them seriously (that's the whole point!), and I will watch (and probably love) all of the ones that they bring out, but it doesn't beat the other two.

August's rewatched from years gone by: Scooby Doo, Spy, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II.

Documentaries watched: 9/11: Stories in Fragments, GLOW: The Story of The Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, Giants: The Dwarfs of Auschwitz, Treblinka: Hitler's Killing Machine.

Tv series I've finished: Grace and Frankie (twice), The League, The Ranch, GLOW, Riverdale, My Name is Earl, Disjointed. Tv series still on my queue: Burn Notice, Dexter, The Following, The Walking Dead, Baby Daddy, New Girl.

Stand-up watched: Rodney Carrington: Laughter's Good, Kevin Hart: What Now? (again), Monique: I Coulda Been Your Cellmate, Dave Chappelle: Netflix Special, Anjelah Johnson: Not Fancy, Iliza Shlesinger: Confirmed Kills, Iliza Shlesinger: War Paint, Iliza Shlesinger: Freezing Hot, Ralphie May: Imperfectly Yours, Ralphie May: Unruly.

No comments:

Post a Comment