Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 films. (Part III).

I started a tradition back at the end of 2016 suggesting all of my favorite films that I would recommend that I had viewed throughout the year. This evolved into three consecutive lists in 2017, two in 2018, and after falling off the wagon with it a bit, a catch up for 2018 and 2019 of sorts detailing the movies that I viewed (spanning four months at a time), which ones were my favorites, and the ones I would steer clear of again.

I figured I would keep that tradition going, because I'm looking for anything and everything to keep my mind busy and my anxiety at a minimum. Rambling tends to do that and even though it doesn't help in the long run, it helps in short spurts. 

Catch up from 2016.
Catch up from 2017: Part IPart IIPart III.

Catch up from 2018: Part IPart II.
Catch up from 2018/2019: Part I, Part II.


October's films: El Camino, Stuber, Crawl, House of the Witch.

My favorite: This is gonna sound crazy, but I had a hard time choosing between two movies. One was hilarious (Stuber) and the other was a horror flick (HOTW). But, since I need to choose one I'm going with.... Stuber. This film had D and I rolling and I've been telling everyone to give it a go. Least favorite of the month: Sadly, my least favorite was between two movies as well. Don't get me wrong, they were both alright, but not something that I would watch more than once. Between the two, my least favorite was probably.... El Camino. I know, I know. It got rave reviews and everyone was so excited to see more Jesse Pinkman (including me), but there was just something about it that didn't seem.... I don't know. It just wasn't as great as what I had hoped. Maybe my expectations were just too high.

October's rewatched from years gone by: Hot Tub Time Machine, Hot Tub Time Machine 2, Terminator: Genisys.

November's films: Hobbs & Shaw, Gods of Egypt, Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, Fifty Shades Freed, Takers, Scorpion King: Book of Souls, In Darkness, Angel Has Fallen, Carriers, Skiptrace.

My favorite: My Thanksgiving "holiday" was pretty productive in the fact that not only did I get stuff around the house done, but I also binge-watched some movies. The Friday after Thanksgiving D had to work, but came home sick, so I watched a few without him and continued on through the weekend. With that being said, I think my favorite was.... a tie between Angel Has Fallen and Takers. Momma told me how awesome Takers was long ago, and when I finally watched it, I said out loud how right she was. And, honestly, I will watch as many of these Mike Banning (aka Gerard Butler) movies that they make. Least favorite of the month: My least favorite would have to be.... the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. They weren't terrible, but they just played real weird and seriously rushed. And I guess that's because of how the books play out? But, it just felt real weird for a film.

November's rewatched from years gone by: Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, About Time, Passengers, IT(2017), Club Dread, Little Nicky, Cold Mountain, Troy, Hit & Run.

December's films: End of Watch, Keeping Up with the Joneses, Logan Lucky, Ready Or Not, 10 Minutes Gone, 47 Meters Down: Uncaged, Mermaid: Lake of the Dead, The Kitchen, Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark, Anna, Jacob's Ladder(2019), Rambo: Last Blood, Die Hard, Species, Sausage Party.

My favorite: I watched a lot of good movies this month, so it's kind of hard to pick a "favorite." I often do this to myself and somehow never learn my lesson? In all fairness though, sometimes you just watch a movie not knowing what to expect. For some reason, even though I watched all of these amazing movies, my favorite was.... Ready or Not. There was just something about that movie, and the fact that the main lady takes absolutely NO SHIT. While I'm a little worried, because I also need to plan a wedding this year, I feel like this movie understands me in a real sick and twisted kind of way. Least favorite of the month: My least favorite would have to be.... Mermaid: Lake of the Dead. I'm usually a sucker for low budget and/or foreign flicks, but this one just didn't do it for me. Was it terrible? No. Would I seek it out to watch it again? Also no.

December's rewatched from years gone by: Four Brothers, Baywatch(2017), 21 & Over, Mission Impossible: Fallout, Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates, RED, RED 2, The Meg, The Dark Knight, Riddick.

Tv series I've finished: The Night Shift (S3-4), Sons of Anarchy (S1-7), The Vampire Diaries (S4), Hawaii Five-0 (S1-2), Grey's Anatomy (S1), V Wars (S1), Keeping up with the Kardashians (S1-5),  New Girl (S1-2), Vikings (S2).

Stand-up I've finished: Katt Williams: The Pimp Chronicles Part I, Katt Williams: Kattpacalypse.

Audiobooks that I've given a try (some I finished, some not so much): 3,096 Days in Captivity (Natascha Kampusch), The Nightingale (Kristin Hannah), The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window (Kirsty Moseley).

No comments:

Post a Comment