Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 films. (Part II).

I do this thing at times, where I separate the movies I've watched and kind of update people on which movies/shows that I would recommend. I'm not sure why I fall out of the habit of it sometimes... probably has something to do with the fact that my attention span is that of a ferret on methamphetamine, but alas, here we are. We'll see where it goes from here.

I also figured that I would let people play a little catchup from back in the day:

Catch up from 2016.
Catch up from 2017: Part IPart IIPart III.

Catch up from 2018: Part IPart II.
Catch up from 2018/2019: Part IPart IIPart III.

Catch up from 2020: Part I.  

Catch up from 2021: Part I.

October's films: Halloween Kills, Tropic Thunder, The Devil Below, Black Panther, Black Widow, Ant-Man.

My favorite: I can't believe all the movies we watched this go around were so damn good. Like, seriously. But, if I'm to pick a favorite I would go with.... Halloween Kills. Look, I know a whole bunch of people didn't like this movie, but I loved it and can't wait to see the end all one next year! Least favorite of the month: Honestly? I would go with.... Ant-Man. I know, I know. The entire Marvel fanclub is going to come after me with stones and pitchforks, but I just can't help it. I can usually get into the Marvel movies, but the Ant-Man movies just don't make the cut for me.

October's rewatched from years gone by: The Lazarus Effect.

November's films: Red Notice, The Ice Road, The Take, The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It, Ride Along 2, Venom: Let There Be Carnage.

My favorite: D and I watched the majority of these movies in a day or two, I think. That's what we do, we won't watch anything like that for a bit and then one day we'll just spend all day together watching tv. Some would say it's lazy or boring, but we do what we like. And what did I like the most this time around? Well.... Venom: Let There Be Carnage. Don't get me wrong, the others were good, but Tom Hardy + Woody Harrelson? YES. The movie really cracked me up the whole time! Least favorite of the month: Oof.... The Take. It wasn't terrible or anything, and I'm sure some people would like it, but it just wasn't for me. I don't know what it was, but something just felt off with it. Whether it be the plot or the characters, I'm not sure. All I know is, I watched it once and that was enough for me.

November's rewatched from years gone by: American Ultra, Father of the Year. 

December's films: Bad Santa 2, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Hot Rod, Rogue Hostage.

My favorite: I know a couple of these were older movies, but I had never seen them before so they were all new to me! If I choose a favorite I'm going to go with.... Rogue Hostage. It wasn't the greatest action movie (or movie in general) ever made, but it was entertaining and had some real good parts. Least favorite of the month: For my least favorite I'm going with.... Bad Santa 2. I know, I know. I love me some Billy Bob Thornton too, but this just didn't do it for me. And that's saying something, because I want Kathy Bates to be my granny SO BAD.

December's rewatched from years gone by: The Wrong Missy, The Do Over, Final Destination 5, The Old Guard.

Tv series I've finished: YOU (season3), Brooklyn Nine-Nine (season1-9.... again.... and then season1&2 for a third time), Yellowstone (season1), American Horror Story: Hotel, American Horror Story: Cult, American Horror Story: Asylum, Workaholics (season1), School of Chocolate (season1), Blown Away: Christmas (season1), It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (season15... twice). 

Stand-up I've finished: TJ Miller: Meticulously Ridiculous, Dan Cummins: Get Outta Here; Devil!, Adam Devine: Best Time of Our Lives, Theo Von: Regular People, Mo Amer: Mohammed in Texas, Nicole Byer: BBW (Big Beautiful Weirdo).


Documentaries I've Finished: Britney vs. Spears, Abducted in Plain Sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment