Saturday, April 30, 2022

2022 films. (Part I).

I do this thing at times, where I separate the movies I've watched and kind of update people on which movies/shows that I would recommend. I'm not sure why I fall out of the habit of it sometimes... probably has something to do with the fact that my attention span is that of a ferret on methamphetamine, but alas, here we are. We'll see where it goes from here.

I also figured that I would let people play a little catchup from back in the day:

Catch up from 2016.
Catch up from 2017: Part IPart IIPart III.

Catch up from 2018: Part IPart II.
Catch up from 2018/2019: Part IPart IIPart III.

Catch up from 2020: Part I.  

Catch up from 2021: Part I, Part II. 

January's films: Out of Death, Accident Man, Force of Nature, Beyond the Law, Vehicle 19, The Final Wish, Land of the Lost, Doom, Godzilla vs. Kong, Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard.

My favorite: I couldn't decide between two this month so they're actually tied with.... Accident Man and Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard. Both of these movies had me and D cracking up beyond all measure. I honestly don't think we quit laughing through either one. Not to mention they're some damn good action movies. So yeah, definitely both of those! 
Least favorite of the month: Picking this was much easier than a favorite.... The Final Wish. Look, I get that most horror movies don't make sense and they're not supposed to. That's one of the things I love about them, they can be beyond random. However, this movie felt like they were trying to make four different movies at once and none of them were good. I just didn't like it at all.

January's rewatched from years gone by: Olympus Has Fallen, The Meg, Rush Hour 3, Super Troopers, Skyscraper, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 300: Rise of an Empire, Aquaman.

February's films: Nobody, Journey 2 The Mysterious Island, American Renegades, Last Rampage: The Escape of Gary Tison, Wrong Place Wrong Time, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, The Suicide Squad, Resident Evil: Welcome to Racoon City, Free Guy, Copshop, The King's Man, White Men Can't Jump, Texas Chainsaw Massacre(2022), Gridlocked, The Night Crew.

My favorite: There were so many good ones to choose from this month that I honestly can't choose just one, so I decided to at least break it down to two.... Nobody.... and.... Free Guy. Both of those movies had us cracking up or saying "damn" the entire time and I would totally watch both of them again right now. Seriously, D was even mad that we rented Free Guy instead of buying it. Least favorite of the month: This one is so easy that I didn't even have to put much thought into it.... Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City. And no, it isn't because it had new people or is completely different from the originals. No. It's because it is quite literally just a terrible movie. It wasn't so bad that we couldn't sit through it, but it was bad enough that I don't ever want to watch it again. We were both so excited to see this and were met with nothing but disappointment. It's almost like they were trying to make four different movies comes together at once and none of them worked.

February's rewatched from years gone by: Speed, Night School, Game Over, Man!.

March's films: Kate, The Matrix: Resurrections, Outside the Wire, Dead Again in Tombstone, The Adam Project.

My favorite: It's so hard to choose between two of these, but when I get down to it I'm going with.... The Adam Project. The movie was cute and hilarious and Ryan Reynolds could probably make me laugh through a root canal, so there's that. It was a great one! Least favorite of the month: It pains me to say this but.... Dead Again in Tombstone. It wasn't horrible by any means, and everyone knows I love me some Danny Trejo. It just wasn't as good as the others we went through this month.

March's rewatched from years gone by: National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, Zombieland, Mad Max: Fury Road, Dark Shadows.

April's films: Jackass Forever, Scream(2022), The Batman, Jolt.

My favorite: Let's just put it right out there in the open and admit that between Jackass Forever and Scream, I was real nostalgic this go around. It was like a piece of my childhood caught up to my thirties and I got to enjoy it all with my husband. But for an actual favorite I'm going with.... Jolt. Say what you will, but this movie had us cracking up and there was so much action. It was a good one. Least favorite of the month: This is a hard one, because none of the movies that we watched were bad this go around. My least favorite though would have to be.... The Batman. And no, it's not because Robert Pattinson is Batman. I think he did a good job. And I liked it. It just wasn't near my favorite.

April's rewatched from years gone by: SWAT, Steel Magnolias, Varsity Blues, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Tv series I've finished: The 100 (season1-3), FRIENDS: The Reunion, Harry Potter: 20th Anniversary Return to Hogwarts, The Big Bang Theory (season1-2), Sex and the City (season1-4), Peacemaker (season1), Ink Master (season1-10), Yellowstone (season2-4), Halo (season1).

Stand-up I've finished: Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain, Gary Owen: Doin What I Do, Jeff Foxworthy: The Good Old Days.

Documentaries I've Finished: I Am A Killer (season1-2), I Am A Killer: Released (season1), American Murder: The Family Next Door, Drew Peterson: An American Murder Mystery.

Books I've Finished: The Iron Predators: Part IV (Ellie Norse, ellie_n82), Lorenzo: Riders of Apollo: Mafia Stories (Dotty456), Chains: Riders of Apollo #10 (Dotty456), The Blind Mate (IrisJoy94), Beneath the Shadows (Ashe_frost), Mr. Bodyguard (Wxnterwxlf), His Angel (Lynn_Xoxo_), Cepheus (Illiteratehomebody), Protect Me (Kathleen Frederick), Rock Me (Kathleen Frederick), Help Me (Kathleen Frederick), Want Me (Kathleen Frederick), Save Me (Kathleen Frederick), Love Me (Kathleen Frederick), The Christmas Conversation (Hinawrites), His Shy Sphinx (Zondra_Allison), The Devil's Looking Glass (Zondra_Allison), Blood Lust (AliciaMarino), Red Reaper: Soldiers of Fortune- Book One (leelabellabooks), Zeus's Angel Outlaws Guardian Protector's MC- Book One (SeleneFH), Given Away (menarhodes), Tattoo Baby (DannielleSheridanMas), Burning Ember (AliceSchiller), Tommy's Angel (andromedaglow), Soren (claudicorn), Sweet as Venom (Explode).

No comments:

Post a Comment