Thursday, January 13, 2022

Questions the Scream franchise has left me with over the years.

With the new (and fifth!) Scream movie opening in theatres tomorrow, I figured now would be a good time to go over some things. I love this series (and the entire genre in general!), but that doesn't mean that it hasn't left me with some questions or frustrations over the years. Afterall, I've been watching these movies since I was six years old. And before you get all crazy and say something like that's insane and not for children! Well, yeah, you would probably be right, but my Momma was cool like that and let me enjoy the things that I loved. One of those things being horror movies.

Now, where was I? Oh, yes. 

Whatever happened to Detective Mark Kincaid? The last we saw of him was at the end of the third installment. He was wearing a sling and getting cozy at Sid's house with the gang, but after that? Nothing. I don't recall him ever being mentioned again and I haven't seen him in the following installments.

Did Kirby Reed survive being stabbed by Charlie? I know that she didn't show up until the fourth installment, but I really liked her and I want to know if she actually survived or if she did in fact die?

Why do people still live in Woodsboro? Look, I know that we all just live day to day and try to survive. I know some of us live paycheck to paycheck and things like uprooting your life isn't something that everyone can afford on the regular. BUT, in this case? Bro, make an exception. I know it's inconvenient, but literally every single teenager is in danger of being shish-kabobbed in the town. Even some adults. So, why is this not a ghost town by now? (Ghost town/Ghostface lol).

Why did Billy Loomis's mother abandon him? Hear me out, I completely understand that you wouldn't want to stay with your husband who is having an affair with your son's girlfriend's mother. I get that, I really do. But, why abandon Billy? You couldn't have just told him what was up and you're getting a divorce? I know it would be hard, but he was seventeen or something, he could've handled it. Shit, he might've wanted to live with you to begin with. 

STU. Did he really die from that tv being pushed on his head? Or, did he just get good and f*cked up and knocked out? Is he in prison? If so, how long is he in there (life?). I have so many questions about Stu and no damn answers.

Why did Cotton have to die? He could've added so damn much to the franchise and he never got to live up to his full potential. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a horror movie and the entire point is for beloved characters to die, but I would've liked to have seen him more before he met his demise. 

I always wondered what was going on with Neil Prescott and wondered if he was still lurking around, but apparently a deleted scene from the fourth installment said that he had passed away between the third and fourth films. So my question is, how did he pass away? And why didn't we see Sid dealing with losing the only other parent she had left?

Does Randy's little sister Martha still live in Woodsboro? Whether she does or not, what is she doing these days? I feel like I need a little updated information on this gal.

What's up with Kate Roberts? I know she's been through some shit in her lifetime with being Maureen's sister and all, but is that lady always stoned or something? Or, is she just slipping from reality, because she is thoroughly traumatized? Also, was it Jill that actually killed her own mom or did Charlie do it?

Can we get a kid or relative of Mickey Altieri up in here? The man was a literal off-hand version of Randy and I adored him. Sure, he ended up being one of the killers in the second installment, but damn, I still wanted more. Probably because he was played by Timothy Olyphant, but still.

Why haven't they brought Kyle Gallner in before now? I see that he's set to play a mysterious character in the new installment, but I want to know why they waited until now? The man is talented beyond all compare (he's one of my very favorite actors!) and the horror genre is his wheelhouse. Come on, people. Get with it.

So, that's where I'm at with it. I'm hoping the fifth installment gives me some answers (yes, I know that it's a reboot of sorts and no I don't give a shit about new characters only my beloved ones) and doesn't kill off any of my cherished characters, but who am I kidding? They probably are and it's probably going to be Dewey and I will be PISSED THE F*CK OFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment